Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm finally out of the clutches of deadjournal! Onwards to this site-of-freedom which has got cooler layout and more say in blog layout~! :D

Alright...Now to decide on which subject to write first....

...

Okay. Decision made!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Now blogging - The Sunday Walker.blog
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Its Sunday. WE(My mom, bro and me) went on a hiking trip today.

Mom had planned that we would wake up half an hour late and it happened according to plan. So in the end, we still had time for breakfast at Cafe De Coral and took MTR down to Central.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From Central, we walked to City Hall and met up with the rest of the hiking-trip participants.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Between Queen's Pier and City Hall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The area around here is always crowded with Filipinos(mostly maids but some are rich angmo/guailo's tai-tai(s)). They are mostly Christians and they hold their services on this street...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sat on the coach bus for a couple for a while and we arrived at some rural village. Sleepiness was still clouding my brain. Didn't remember where's that place... whatever.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ooo. Dangerous....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Walked a couple flights of stairs to our starting point...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A lovely stone-step bridge.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just to make sure my camera works... forest1.forest2.forest3...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Finally a sign to tell me where I'm standing in Hong Kong after walking for like 2 hours...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Walk-walk and walkingz.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We arrived at the first site of abandon houses and a renovated-ancient temple of sorts. It was a beautiful sight. I was told that it was built on a piece of very auspicious land.


Onwards...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Electricity supply for the local villagers deep inside this valley.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A ghostly image of an abandoned house...?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I thought I'd only see such things in games. Two metalic slabs with a diamond symbol on it? "Find two diamond golem statues to activate the secret portal to....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...a hidden village.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Wonder where that leads to...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3 sad dogs. I wonder who keeps them and how long they've not eaten... -.-;;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Around this hidden village... and onwards to the next one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A clue to where some little boys may have disappeared to?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was stopped when I tried to take a picture of this. People around tells me I shouldn't disturb them with my camera...but I'm a fucked up person and I don't care? :Its a 'house' of urns, carrying ashes of those who've died around here. No names, iden of any sort... :
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My brother. No, not the thingy standing in the shrouds...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ruins of an ancient village. I heard they were razed down by the japs during world war two. I could find plastic pellets everywhere, which gives a clue that its a common site for war-games...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A stream of cooling water. Didn't drink any but washed my face with it. Felt good and wished I could just sleep there, right then.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A familar sight, anyone? (Clue : Guess a PS2 game + Scene)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lunch - A Chicken Quiche :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Going Downhill wasn't exactly easier than uphill... :
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A clue to my destination... Pak Kong.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I walked a lil too fast and I took a break here. No one to take a photo for me so I asked rocky to stand still and hold my camera.........

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Following the orders of the traffic sign, I ditifully slowed down...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
... as I've already arrived as my destination :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Something's wrong when I was sitting down on a stone ledge....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A poisonous snake... Green-Bamboo-Snake, thats what they called it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Stupid Dogs, are stupid :
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Walked around in a Landscape garden while waiting for the bus...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An old youth club.... for the youths of the last generation.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mom sat at a shady pavilion.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Shadow hound. Runs around the pavilion, onto the road, and back up the hills.... @_@;


And I got onto the bus, home and argued with mom. Thanks for letting me put you guys thru this boring bunch of pics :D

7 comments:

Lawrence said...

looks fun.

dbted~~~

Fai said...

yeah ahahaha! You should really come join me someday. Lots more mountain trails I've not gone on...

If you're pro enough, can go challange the 100km one... lol!

Lizzy said...

Dude.. so fun man..

And yes,
Blogger's much better.. (:

Fai said...

Eh, what happened to your blog? How come I only see an green picture there? :\

Lizzy said...

Ah? o_O The links are on the words on the right.. unless your browser cannot view..

Fai said...

I can't access it. Where's the button ? :(

Anonymous said...

It's really fun... the pics are cute... I want some green somedays when I have time.