Tuesday, October 10, 2006

First day of school



Its the first day of school today.
Quite a disappointing day...
Before I left my house at Dongguan, I couldn't associate the thought that if I need to go to school, I'd need the textbook and so I forgot to bring it over.
I laid out the solutions; go all the way back to Dongguan to retrieve it which would cost me $200, buy a new one for $260 and resell it on ebay afterwards, or I could borrow a older version of the book from the library which would cost me nothing...

I had a hard time looking for the stupid book; they placed it under 'Oversized Books' but the computer catalog doesn't say so.
So I was late for class on the first day.(I know I know, I should have left home earlier... -.-)

The teacher is not very pretty, not very proficient in English and spoke in Cantonese most of the time.
It makes me wonder why I signed up for English version of the course when the only difference was the language of the textbooks/powerpoints.
The classmates weren't particularly concerned, except for one who is a filipino.
Seriously I'd prefer everything in English since thats what I signed up for.
Proper English... I hope.

In this class of less than 20 people, I'm the only one that isn't hasn't had at least 10 years of working experience, the only one that didn't wear a shirt with ties with black pants, and the only one who keeps checking out the filipino... ( :x )
I don't feel like there's much chance of me making good friends at this course since we are on such different levels.
And during the break I think I accidentally offended someone.
Or maybe that classmate of mine is a prick that doesn't talk to people who doesn't earn as much as he does.
Ahh well, what does it matter anyway? :o

I'll do my best.

---

A lot of times when I talk to other people, I feel an absolute lack of confidence; simply because I'm so uneducated and know nothing about anything.
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about.
People start talking to me about my job and I have no good answers.
All I can say to them is that I'm just a stupid kid helping out in a family business and still learning the basics of the trade.
I'm sick of giving that as an answer to people -_-;;;

I need to develop a base knowledge in every area I can, so that
Starting from today.

I wanna be a owner of a chain of noodle shops someday.
Research is ongoing and progresses will be published in time to come on my other blog (the atelier).
Criticism is welcomed.

Thanks for reading my blog. There's just no one around me that I feel particularly good to talk about my problems...

I miss you guys.

No comments: