Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Mongolia? Villagers? o_O

My school is organising a missionary trip to Mongolia to teach children in the countryside English.
I think its going to be a wonderful experience to learn ways to teach students.
I wanna go, but the problem is I don't think I'm academically qualified to do the job. So many people in school... :(

But in their advertisements they will also need somebody who can speak Putonghua to be their assitant... will try and see if I can go. If the organiser says I can, then I'll try to convince my bosses... ~_~;

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just try to apply..not a loss...Hope you succeed!

Aaron said...

You speak...

Putonghua ..? Does it stand for - normal words, or some kinda slang?

Just go for it lor, never hurts to apply.

Anonymous said...

Curious that the whole world is trying to learn English. Makes me sad, as am American, that the rest of the world is getting smarter, and we here in the US are not. Our primary language is English, and we're only required to take 2 semesters (1 year) of foreign language (Latin, French, Spanish or German). After that requirement is fulfilled, no more foreign language courses.

As for your possible opportunity, i say GO FOR IT. Doesn’t hurt to apply. What’s the worst they can say?

ButterSnatch (aka: Carl)
Houston, Texas USA

Fai said...

Thanks Carl...

The main problem I'm having now, is being unable to finance it. Thinking of seeking donations for myself and the people there... but don't know how to... heh.

Fai said...

Aaron : putonghua, guoyu, same shit with different names...

Thanks Alice... ;)

Anonymous said...

"guoyu" is the HK/taiwanese way of saying it. "putonghua" is the mainland way. why different names? politics......


-bm