Thursday, January 26, 2006

Its not always that bad

I hate shopping for clothes for a few reasons.

1.) I know nuts about fashion/color-matching. Any salesperson who can babble convincingly that I look nice in overpriced clothes can earn a pile from me.
2.) Even though I should be considering following tips from magazines that have been paid to advertise marked-up-priced-products, I can't afford even a half a piece
3.) The salesman is gay.

It has not been a major problem in Singapore as not many people really care what I wear. Everybody pretty much dresses up very casually. You can actually go shopping around in shirt, shorts and sandals. On a date, I wear a shirt and a pair of jeans, smack up some cologne here and there and pretend that I've got good taste...

But thats for Singapore. I'm in Hong Kong right now and its winter; shirt+shorts+sandals is what beggars wear. Or some cute, fashionable & funky girl without fear of the cold. In any case, I couldn't take it anymore and went to get myself some decent clothes.

I went to U2 at Taikoo Shing after dinner. Tried on many combinations of clothes as suggested by the salesman(gay), I was convinced that I needed to spend HK$1k to advertise their products for them so that I might have a chance to look decent. He was a very good salesman who has spent a lot of efforts convincing me, or rather, my aunt who was with me. But he's very Gay, too, and the fact that he's gay means he can really, TALK, to women. You know, gay-women thingy... yeah. So instead of giving me advice, she became just a parrot for the salesman(gay!)...

Ahh well. But my aunt insisted on buying another of those shirt things...

and she paid for it too, as a late birthday present this year... hehe. Isn't that sweet of her? :P

thats my aunt and her bf/husband to be.... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's okay, since she paid for it =D

your aunt's quite pretty. Reminds me of that thing my old drama instructor said about the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding".... "The only singlse left in this world are pretty girls and gay men."

-bm

Fai said...

ehhh.... ehhh... >_>;
lol... sorry :P