Friday, July 07, 2006

Mabel

As far as I can remember, I know of 3 Mabels. And so far, they have been a wonderful presence in my life.

The first one was a girl I got to know in the arcades, she's now studying in Texas I think? She plays KOF lots. Learnt that some girls can be horrible... especially when they know Judo... >_<;
The second one was my tuition teacher...ooo how could I possibly forget? :)~
She helps me with my maths and science... and she was ... wonderful, too.
And the third Mabel (hopefully not the last one I am going to know), is a lecturer working in the same department as I am. She wasn't as beautiful as the last two that I knew, but she had the heart of an angel.

A couple of days ago, she invited me to chat in her office. We talked about the things I would like to achieve in a few years time.

"I wanna get a diploma in marketing, then continue doing business just like my father and grandfather did."

"Is Marketing really where your talents are?"

"I suppose so. A good friend of mine once told me that every few lines of conversation he had with me, I would deviate the conversation to something about making profits, business and etc."

"How about your interests? I thought you liked teaching.."

"I do, but teaching alone isn't going to do well to satisfy the materialistic me. You see, if my needs aren't fulfilled, how am I going to have that kind of love, passion and energy to teach well? I suppose teaching can wait until much later...maybe when I'm well off enough, I guess?"

She then handed me a book; "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People".

"Maybe you'll change after reading this. Try taking some time to do some self-reflection and tell me what you think. You can start by thinking up 10 things, events or whatever that has happened in your life so far that made you really happy. Note it all down and look for the similiarities between them. The answer might be there."

Humans are strange beings. For example, if you are going for a urine test, the urine sometimes just won't come out no matter how hard you want it to. Same goes for this... I spent the whole night thinking, eh, what made me REALLY, really happy?

Getting laid? Beating opponent in arcade/computer games? Having 'yes' as a reply when I asked the girl of my dream for a date? Getting my first paycheck? Getting to the top of the hill?

So far, the only time that I felt the happiest moment ever, was about 6 years ago? It was a ridiculous situation; I had accidentally dropped the toilet paper 'core' (u know, the hard cardboard thingy) unknowingly into the toilet bowl and did my business in it. (Now I know some of you might have heard of this story before, but I think there are some still who are interested)

After that, only Mom used the toilet and then she figured what had happened, somehow. She gave me a major lecture and forced me to get it out by myself. I offered to pay to get a plumber to get it done, but she insisted that I do it personally. You can pretty imagine that situation; a real, full stinking load of crap to pump out, put your hands (almost; i had a plastic bag) in it and get that stupid thing out... whoa. It makes me sick just thinking about it~!

For 1 whole hour I stood there procrastinating, omg omg why do i have to do this? Mom hates me mom hates me etc... Then finally at 11pm, I knew there was no other way out; I pumped and pumped and pumped. The stench... it was eternally unforgettable I tell you. And you do understand that when you try to thrust something into the toilet bowl, there's bound to be splashes and etc etc... Overall, it was just HORRIBLE.

At 12am I finally got it out. I was exhilarated and very pleased with myself. The fruit of hard labour was just too wonderful...


More crap to come... later den continue...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DICK BEI TRASH

Anonymous said...

ab1 was here

Anonymous said...

You're full of shit :P

Fai said...

rofl... ab1! rare guest sia lolz~